The BIFM, the professional body for facilities management, has announced the finalists in this year’s BIFM Awards. The Awards have a long standing heritage of recognising and showcasing best-in-class facilities management (FM); with entries across the spectrum of the FM profession.
For 2015, all categories are grouped within the three themes of people, impact or innovation and finalists across the categories have been confirmed as:
The individuals, teams and organisations who invest in their people, who lead, are cutting edge and drive improvements.
- Julie Anderson – G4S
- Lisa Hart – Eversheds LLP
- Maurice O’Shaughnessy – JLL
- Alan Russell – London Heathrow Airport Ltd
- Diane Thorpe – Hearst Magazines UK
- Carillion plc – Nationwide & Carillion
- Edinburgh Napier University
- ISS Education
- JLL EIMEA
- Wales Millennium Centre
- Edge Hill University
- Harrow Green
- London Heathrow Airport Ltd – Engineering & Asset Management
- McFarlane Telfer
- Mitie Client Services
- Tanya Brick, Capita
- Andy John, Amey
- Luke Robinson, CBRE Corporate Outsourcing Limited
- Cheryl-Anne Sanderson, G4S
- Matthew Tait, Encirc
- Winner to be announced at the Awards ceremony
Demonstrating the real tangible impact good FM brings to business, the environment and society.
- Britvic PLC
- intu Retail Services – How intu Took Flight
- Sodexo – Sodexo Brand Ambassador Programme
- Carillion plc – The Carillion Customer Experience Centre
- G4S – Infection Control and Ebola Preparedness
- intu Retail Services
- King’s College London – Fit For King’s
- London Heathrow Airport -Terminal 2
- British Land and Broadgate Estates – Energy Reductions and Community Charter in London
- Marks & Spencer – Investing in Innovation to Deliver a Future Sustainable Estate
- Royal Bank of Scotland – RBS Workplaces, Innovation and Partnerships for Business and Environment
- Skanska – Skanska Sustainability Agenda in Facilities Services
- The NEC – Leading Change in the Exhibitions Industry
- Airbus UK – Future Filton
- Amey – Creating a flexible workplace for a busy government department
- Chiswick Park Enjoy-Work – Enjoying Work at Chiswick Park
- Halfords Ltd – The Retail Support Centre
- Banyard Solutions – e-permits
- Cofely & North East Lincolnshire Council – North East Lincolnshire Partnership
- Dysart 57 Ltd – A Corporate Response
- Mitie PFI
- Robertson Facilities Management – Robertson Communities
Recognising innovative facilities management technology, systems, products and services, and the benefits they bring from cost-savings to enhanced interaction.
- BAM FM – Optimising FM Using BIM Technology
- CIS Security – Transforming Lost Property Outcomes at King’s College London
- Cofely Ltd – Uncovering Sustainable & Innovative Technologies
- Keytree Limited – Matrix Booking
- Mitie – Miworld, Mitie’s Information Management Tool
- NG Bailey – Giving Morrisons a Rare Energy Solution
- SAVORTEX Ltd – EcoCurve Hand Dryer
- IES Holdings Group Ltd – IES Service Maintenance Application
- Scanomat – TopBrewer
- Skanska – Skanska Health & Care Waste Solution
- Kimberly Clark – SCOTT® MAX Rolled Hand Towel System
In addition an individual will be acknowledged for their significant contribution to FM over the course of their career through the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Speaking on the announcement of the finalists, Chair of the Judges, Steve Gladwin said “The BIFM Awards attract an outstanding calibre of entrants, all of whom I would like to extend my sincere thanks. I am amazed at the examples of exemplary FM that we have seen submitted, and whilst each entry has something to celebrate there can only be a select number of finalists for each category.
The panels of independent and experienced FM professionals that come together to judge each category saw entrants from all types and size of organisation and assessed each against set criteria and upon their individual merits. I personally and on behalf of the lead and support judges congratulate all those who have been announced as finalists, this in itself is a great achievement and look forward to the Awards night to celebrate with you and the FM profession as we unveil the winners.”
All winners will be announced at the BIFM Awards ceremony which takes place on 12 October at the Grosvenor House Hotel on London’s Park Lane. Over 1,300 guests are expected to attend the ceremony – which is the highlight for many on the FM calendar.
In the run-up to the ceremony BIFM will be announcing further information on the people, teams, projects and organisations that are in contention for an award in 2015. Full details will be available on the website. @BIFMAwards will also be carrying updates on the finalists and the ceremony.