In April 2010 having completed the design and installation of all mechanical and electrical facilities in the Kandahar Airfield Role 3 medical treatment facility, G3 Systems is fulfilling the role as FM service provider on behalf of the NATO Support Agency.
This includes the provision of:
- Infrastructure and systems maintenance
- Medical equipment maintenance
- New and/or additional construction works
- Clinical waste management
- Housekeeping services
- Grounds maintenance
- Medical laundry
- Asset management
The range of systems and equipment supported include:
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
- Electrical high/medium/ low voltage distribution
- No break uninterruptible power supplies diesel generators and battery backup systems
- Building management system
- Medical gasses supply anddistribution
- Information technology, PA, Telecom and closed circuit television systems
- Water purification
- Water distribution systems
- Fire detection and suppression systems
After changing the initial design which was unsuitable for this climate, we improved the durability of the building and the patient flow from trauma – operating room –intensive care unit.
Using analytical thinking we recently changed all patient flow doors from push button auto to passive infrared auto open. This massively reduced bacterial transfer between people as no buttons or handles are required to be touched. In line with the withdrawal of NATO we carry out mentor and exchange sessions with the local hospitals.
In the two and half years we have operated not one swab test has ever comeback positive for Methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
The standards set have allowed the medical teams to maintain a 98%survivability rating Giving The Best care Anywhere.