Global Facilities Management Association Ltd (ABN 608 660 331) provides a range of membership and partnership opportunities for facilities management organisations as well as companies looking to support Global FM activities and events.
Global FM is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our Members, Partners, Stakeholders and committee members who are members, partners or individuals involved in Global FM in some other capacity.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as name, address, organisation, email address and telephone number), membership details (if you are a member or partner of Global FM), information about your marketing preferences and any content generated by you and posted on our website or the websites of our partner organisations.
What other information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), surveys, emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources, such as your membership organisation or partner organisation.
In addition, Global FM and our partners use tools such as Zoho CRM to collect and store information for marketing purposes.
You can find out more information on how Google uses data when you use Global FM’s sites or apps at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can find out more information on how Zoho CRM uses data when register your details on Global FM’s website: https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html
How might Global FM use and disclose your personal information?
Global FM may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, Global FM may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with information that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our membership services, our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
- facilitate your participation in Global FM and our partner organisations in various capacities;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you;
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events; and
- consider employment applications.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties
Global FM may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our membership organisations and marketing partners, our professional advisers, our external service providers that provide services to us (such as training, website hosting or cloud storage, distribution of newsletters, standards and other publications developed by Global FM, and market research). We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Security and management of personal information
Global FM will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access and membership organisations only have access to the contact details of members of their own organisation and not other organisations);
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Global FM will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Updating your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact Global FM at the contact address set out below if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction or is out-of-date.
Sending information overseas
Personal information is sent overseas in limited circumstances, including to:
- Membership organisations which have access to members’ personal information for the purpose of providing membership services to the member
- members who reside in countries other than Australia, and
- external service providers and marketing partners that assist our organisation such as with internal operations (including training, website hosting or cloud storage), market research and the distribution of our newsletters, standards and other publications by Global FM.
Updates to this Policy
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
We will deal with complaints as follows:
Step 1: let us know
- If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
Step 2: investigation of complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer.
- A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
Step 3: contact OAIC
- We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing.
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Global FM, Suite 4.01, 838 Collins Street, Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria 3008, Australia
Attention: The Privacy Officer
Email: [email protected]
We will endeavour to respond to all complaints and correspondence promptly.